LPEA, in coordination with Tri-State’s energy efficiency and credits program, is offering commercial lighting rebates to provide an incentive for retrofitting existing lighting with more efficient options.
- Rebate to replace T-12 fluorescent lighting with energy efficient T-5 or T-8 lamps and change magnetic ballasts to more efficient electronic ballasts.
- Energy savings of approximately 30%.
- More and better quality light.
- Reduced noise and flicker.
- Reduced air conditioning costs.
- $250 rebate per kilowatt of reduction up to $20,000 rebate.
If interested, please forward name of the job, contact information, and name of the contractor including address, phone numbers and e-mail. This is necessary for the pre-approval rebate process.
- $250/kW of lighting load reduced
- Limited to 50% of invoiced fixture and lamp cost
- Per project cap of $20,000
- “Project” is defined as a single contiguous location. Pre-approval is necessary for any interpretation of this rule.
- Rebates $600 or more require that an IRS W-9 form be submitted to LPEA.
- Commercial lighting energy efficiency credits flyer
Also available (call for details)
- LED refrigerated lighting program
- LED street light program
- Basic commercial energy assessment