To protect LPEA employees and equipment; and to protect the general public, we require that members wishing to interconnect with our system follow these rules:
Summary of Interconnection Procedures
- Customer with potential Qualifying Facility (QF) contacts LPEA and obtains Application for Interconnection.
- The QF submits the Application to LPEA. If QF’s nameplate capacity is greater than 10 kW, the Qualifying Facility Design Data Requirements are also required.
- If less than 10 kW, follow FERC Small Generator Interconnection Procedures (SGIP).
- LPEA evaluates the Application for completeness and notifies the Customer within ten business days of receipt that the Application is or is not complete and, if not, advises what material is missing.
- Within 15 business days, LPEA conducts preliminary engineering studies, if warranted, to determine the effect the QF might have on existing LPEA customers and equipment.
- Provided all the criteria in the Interconnection Standards for Cogenerators and Small Power Producers are met, unless LPEA determines and demonstrates that the Small Generating Facility cannot be interconnected safely and reliably, LPEA approves and executes the Application and returns it to the Customer.
- LPEA designs and constructs the interconnection and modifies the existing LPEA network as necessary to accept the QF.
- The QF provides notice of insurance coverage. The QF should investigate liability insurance coverage early in the planning stage.
- After installation, the Customer returns the Certificate of Completion to LPEA. Prior to parallel operation, LPEA will inspect the QF for compliance with standards within ten business days of the receipt of the Certificate of Completion. LPEA will inspect the QF for compliance with standards, and may schedule appropriate metering replacement, if necessary.
- LPEA notifies the Customer in writing or by fax or e-mail that interconnection of the QF is authorized within five business days. If the witness test is not satisfactory, LPEA has the right to disconnect the QF. The Customer has no right to operate in parallel until a witness test has been performed.
- Interconnection and startup.
* Option for electronic submission of Interconnection Application, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.