Time-of-Use (TOU) Rates
Save money by using off-peak electricity
How does the Time-of-Use Program work?
The Time-of-Use concept is relatively simple–you sign up for special billing and receive a much lower rate for using electricity during off-peak hours. The more off-peak electricity you use, the more you save.
Our power supplier, Tri-State Generation and Transmission, offers us a lower rate for purchasing electricity during off-peak hours, and we pass the savings along to you.
Residential Time-of-Use Rates and Hours
- Off-peak rate = 5.9 cents per kilowatt hour
- On-peak rate = 23 cents per kilowatt hour
- Base charge/month = $20.00
- Monday - Saturday 10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- All day Sunday
- All day Thanksgiving and Christmas
The regular residential rate is 12.56 cents per kilowatt-hour and a $21.50 base charge.
Keys to saving with the TOU program
1. Installing timers on your big power users (electric water heaters, electric thermal storage units, etc.) so they run during off-peak hours.
2. Do the following during off-peak hours:
- Run your dishwasher.
- Wash and dry clothes.
- Run self-cleaning oven cycle.
3. Additional steps you can take are:
- Installing programmable thermostats to automatically control your heat.
- Installing load control equipment.
- Installing timers on stock tank heaters.
- Installing timers on heat tape.
Time Clock Programming Instructions
Intermatic water heater timer
Theben 3-button time clock
Theben 7-button time clock
Diehl round cream-colored time clock