Whether you are building a new service or upgrading an existing service, the La Plata Electric Association, Inc. (LPEA) Engineering Department is here to assist you!
Follow the steps below to get started.
Open and review the appropriate New Construction Packet.
- Residential New Construction Packet (PDF File)
- Commercial New Construction Packet (PDF File)
- Developer-Subdivision New Construction Packet (PDF File)
From the packet above print the New Construction Check List. It gives you a step-by-step list of instructions for getting your service installed quickly and efficiently.
Complete the appropriate Application and Load Data Sheet.
- For New Construction, fill out and print the Application for Electric Service* and Load Data Sheet* from Step 1.
- For Residential Service Upgrade, fill out and print the Application for Electric Service* from Step 1 and the Residential Upgrade Load Data Sheet* (PDF File)
- For Developer-Subdivision applications contact the Engineering Clerk for your area for instructions on completing the application as well as load data requirements.
Review our optional services in the packet or click on the links below:
- Energy Efficiency Credits
- Green Power
- Whole House Surge Suppression (Socket Arrestors)
- Round Up (You may sign up on the Application for Electric Service)
Contact the Engineering Clerk for your area:
- La Plata County: (970) 382-3555
- Archuleta County: (970) 382-7186
*may require legal-sized paper