LPEA’s Qualified Solar Installer Program
LPEA has established a Qualified Solar Installers Program to provide to our members a list of reputable installers. These installers have gone through a vetting process to help ensure that our members receive expert advice and quality service. LPEA members may still choose to work with an installer not on LPEA’s Qualified Solar Installer List, however, LPEA will not provide information on these installers to our membership. LPEA’s concerns regarding non-preferred solar installers include, but are not limited to, aggressive sales techniques, dishonesty, completion issues, code violations, follow-up after completion of projects, and members dissatisfaction in installer performance. Qualified Solar Installers are required to re-certify every two years.
Criteria to become a LPEA Qualified Solar Installer:
- Must be NABCEP certified professionals. The North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) is the most respected, well-established, and widely recognized national certification organization for professionals in the field of renewable energy.
- Have been in business for at least 12 months within La Plata Electric Territory under the same leadership and corporate name and can provide a business license.
- Respond to customer complaints timely and efficiently.
- Must respond and correct failed inspections within two weeks.
- Have completed LPEA’s Qualified Solar Installer Training and has demonstrated the ability to follow LPEA’s policies and procedures.
- Have successfully completed 2 or more projects in our service territory in the last 12 months (with no issues).
- Have not received more than 2 written complaints in the last 12 months from LPEA’s members; and have no unresolved written correction requests from LPEA.
- Have signed LPEA’s Ethics Pledge, committing them to conduct their business with integrity, honesty, quality, and with environmental, social, and financial responsibility.
- Carry liability insurance of $1,000,000.
- Follow up with customers after completion to ensure proper connection to LPEA’s grid.
- Have company logos on company vehicles and workers’ uniforms.
LPEA has the right to deny an installer’s request to be a qualified installer. If you are a solar installer and would like to become an LPEA Qualified Solar Installer, please contact LPEA at firstname.lastname@example.org